The
incoming Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, Professor Abel
Idowu Olayinka, on Tuesday, urged all stakeholders in the education
sector to support his vision in moving the institution forward with
useful advice and suggestions.
He spoke at a sensitisation workshop themed: “Vice Chancellor’s Strategic Plan: 2015-2020 Vision Implementation Committee”, where various committees submitted their reports.
He assured that he would move the institution to greater heights in his determination to make it a world-class institution.
“Yes, I have been appointed to lead the university at this crucial time, but it is apparent that I cannot do it alone. I need everyone’s support, advice and suggestion as our university is our collective patrimony which must be supported by all, protected by all and nurtured by all of us,” he said.
Professor Olayinka, who was visibly overwhelmed by the turnout of participants at the workshop, added:”UI is a national heritage. It belongs to all of us. It is against this background that I am calling on everybody to support my administration to ensure that we enrich this great university with quality leadership devoid of divisive tendencies.”
In a veiled reference to his detractors, who have been waging media war since his emergence, Professor Olayinka said he had forgiven the “faceless and anonymous petition writers,” because “I have since moved on. I have forgiven them all. It is natural that in a contest of this nature, a winner must emerge. But my position is that we must not allow personal interest to override the institutional interest.”
He spoke at a sensitisation workshop themed: “Vice Chancellor’s Strategic Plan: 2015-2020 Vision Implementation Committee”, where various committees submitted their reports.
He assured that he would move the institution to greater heights in his determination to make it a world-class institution.
“Yes, I have been appointed to lead the university at this crucial time, but it is apparent that I cannot do it alone. I need everyone’s support, advice and suggestion as our university is our collective patrimony which must be supported by all, protected by all and nurtured by all of us,” he said.
Professor Olayinka, who was visibly overwhelmed by the turnout of participants at the workshop, added:”UI is a national heritage. It belongs to all of us. It is against this background that I am calling on everybody to support my administration to ensure that we enrich this great university with quality leadership devoid of divisive tendencies.”
In a veiled reference to his detractors, who have been waging media war since his emergence, Professor Olayinka said he had forgiven the “faceless and anonymous petition writers,” because “I have since moved on. I have forgiven them all. It is natural that in a contest of this nature, a winner must emerge. But my position is that we must not allow personal interest to override the institutional interest.”
No comments:
Post a Comment