Saturday, 10 November 2018

Interview with Madam Kemi Olunloyo as she celebrated her 10 years on Twitter


 

Kemi Olunloyo, the founder of HNN Africa , a well-known Investigative Journalist, a blogger, an activist and social media personality. She celebrated her 10 years on twitter in a grand style with twitter hash tag #KemiTwitter10. Our correspondent interviewed her through a text chat interview where she shared with us things about herself. 


Q: What motivated you to be a Journalist?
A: News and information. I was a top student in current affairs in high school but remember Journalism is my 3rd degree. Pharmacy and Public Relations came first all First Class Degrees.

Q: Your best moment on twitter?
A: There were many but the Best moment on Twitter I will choose today was when Ibe Kachikwu Nigeria's Minister of State for Petroleum spoke to me about his poem "I am Nigerian" and when he explained the "7 Big Wins" initiative at NNPC to me. How Nigerians  should come to work and not to steal! Tweets attached.

Q: Your embarrassing moment on twitter?
A: None

Q: What motivates you to do more even when it seems people don’t believe in you?
A: I'm not motivated to do more to impress people. If they don't believe in me, that's their loss

Q: Why do you choose HNN and what does it stands for?
A: HNN stands for HipHossip News Net. HipHossip was Canada's leading music blog 2007-2012 endorsed by MTV, BET, and VH1 major international music TV channels. When I returned to Nigeria I decided to broaden my newsbeat to world and health news. I still do Music news at #hnnmusic on Instagram which music lovers can follow.

Q: If you have an opportunity to correct something in the past what will that be?
A: Deciding to leave America to improve Nigeria. It was a big mistake. Nigeria destroys careers

Q: What do you think of Nigerian youth?
A: Nigerian youth are #SBNI
my internet term for Smart but not Intelligent

Q: How do you think you can support the coming generations in your chosen profession?
A: . By having #HNNseminars online and in cities that will teach Journalism, Health and Public Relations

No comments:

Post a Comment